GrimmSpeed Phenolic Thermal Spacer 3mm - Subaru WRX/STI / LGT / FXT 2002-2014
Manufacturer Part # 018001
As low as $6,877.83
Phenolic spacers have been used for years by many other specialized automotive companies, but this is very new technology to the Subaru world.
What it does:
* Greatly reduces the transfer of heat from engine to intake manifold thus reducing heat soak.
* One of a kind true Phenolic material, not cutting board material like others.
* The cooler your intake temperature is the denser the air is which leads to more power
* For every 5 degree reduction in temperature, increases power by 1%.
* The cooler and denser the intake air that the engine sucks in, increases the amount of air that can be mixed with fuel thus increasing efficiency.
* Direct bolt-on.
* When running the oem gasket only, your intake manifold gets very hot to the touch, enough to burn your hand. When the oem gasket is replaced with GrimmSpeed's Phenolic Spacer, your hand can be placed on the intake manifold without any issues.
* GrimmSpeed has installed both with and without OEM Subaru Gaskets and have had no issues with either way. They do recommend using 2 sets of oem gaskets however, one on both sides of the spacer.
* USA made
1 Pair Thermal Phenolic Spacers
RallySport Guarantee - 30 Days
Items that are covered under the RallySport Guarantee offer a 30 day no questions asked return policy.
RallySport Guarantee items may be returned within 30 days of the original invoice date and must include all the original parts and contents for a refund.
The RallySport Guarantee does not apply to products that have been modified, damaged, misused or abused. All returns require an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number, and freight charges are strictly non-refundable. For more information regarding our freight refund policy, please refer to our return policy page found HERE.
PEOPLE WHO VIEWED THIS ITEM ALSO VIEWED
Just get IAG.
Elliot Hahn 3 months ago
You can get the same exact thing from IAG for $45 AND it includes gaskets. Pretty annoying that you spend almost $70 and don't even get install hardware.
jomartes 3 months ago
I couldn't identified any difference in the temp. I think it's because all the heat that comes out of the radiator hit the intake manifold heating it up making this gasket not much useful.
Does what it says
Alex 7 months ago
Lowered intake temps a few degrees and was almost no effort to install because I already had the TGVs off. Even fit over the alignment pins for the gaskets so they didn't slide all over. Would've gone with the 8mm but I heard some things about clearance issues with TMIC.
2006 STI built longblock
tboldt199163299 1 year ago
I threw these on while I was having my heads redone. After many, many WOT pulls, my intake manifold don't seem to be collecting much heat.
PLN 33 3 years ago
I have these installed along with the 2 recommended gaskets and notice no difference. my manifold is still very hot even when I just cruise around town in 75 degree weather. maybe i have a defective pair if that's possible. kind of surprised me since all the other reviews are 5 stars
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Q: Gaskets BananaSammiches 5 months agoAnswer
Are TGV to cylinder head gaskets required for use these spacers or will the spacers themselves be enough to creat a proper seal?
A: GrimmSpeed has installed both with and without OEM Subaru Gaskets and have had no issues with either way. They do recommend using 2 sets of oem gaskets however, one on both sides of the spacer.
Tyler G. 4 months ago
Q: N/A? danteromanucci 1 year agoAnswer
Will this work on my 2.5i?
A: This is not confirmed to fit the 2.5I
Jared A. 1 year ago
Q: fp black turbo inlet Mcmcll270339532 3 years agoAnswer
will the 3mm's be enough for an fp turbo inlet? or would 8mm be better? diameter is 84 mm.
A: The FP inlet is silicone and can be compressed to fit under the manifold, therefore 3mm spacers should be sufficient.
Zach G. 3 years ago
Q: Torque spec? Cory5119127665 3 years agoAnswer
Does the torque spec change since there is less thread contact?
A: You can use the OEM torque specs for the TGV bolts.
Zach G. 3 years ago