GrimmSpeed Phenolic Thermal Spacer 8mm - Subaru N/A Models (inc. 1999-2008 Impreza / 2000-2006 Legacy)
Manufacturer Part # 017001
Phenolic spacers have been used for years by many other specialized automotive companies, but this is very new technology to the Subaru world.
What it does:
* Greatly reduces the transfer of heat from engine to intake manifold thus reducing heat soak.
* One of a kind true Phenolic material, not cutting board material like others.
* The cooler your intake temperature is the denser the air is which leads to more power
* For every 5 degree reduction in temperature, increases power by 1%.
* The cooler and denser the intake air that the engine sucks in, increases the amount of air that can be mixed with fuel thus increasing efficiency.
* Direct bolt-on.
* When running the oem gasket only, your intake manifold gets very hot to the touch, enough to burn your hand. When the oem gasket is replaced with GrimmSpeed's Phenolic Spacer, your hand can be placed on the intake manifold without any issues.
* GrimmSpeed has installed both with and without OEM Subaru Gaskets and have had no issues with either way. They do recommend using 2 sets of oem gaskets however, one on both sides of the spacer.
* USA made
1 Pair Phenolic Thermal Spacers
8 Longer bolts with washers
RallySport Guarantee - 30 Days
Items that are covered under the RallySport Guarantee offer a 30 day no questions asked return policy.
RallySport Guarantee items may be returned within 30 days of the original invoice date and must include all the original parts and contents for a refund.
The RallySport Guarantee does not apply to products that have been modified, damaged, misused or abused. All returns require an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number, and freight charges are strictly non-refundable. For more information regarding our freight refund policy, please refer to our return policy page found HERE.
PEOPLE WHO VIEWED THIS ITEM ALSO VIEWED
2.5RSBoxer 4 years ago
I have not installed the product to put a review on it, but I can say that the waiting period is always outstanding in comparison to other vendors.
Improvment in low end most significant
shredrmk34238 4 years ago
Installed on EJ251 & 3 - A+ product, just a butt dyno but both my son & I feel bottom end improved throttle response below 3k rpm. We both have header, intake & pulley. There are not many bolt on upgrades for the NA but I'd say here's one that's worth it.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Q: Compatible with the 09 2.5i Impreza? joshuamnr 5 years agoAnswer
Will this work with the 09 2.5i Impreza? My understanding is the 08 and 09 are very similar?
A: Unfortunately Grimmspeed does not confirm fitment for the 09+ Imprezas.
Rick C. 5 years ago
Q: Compatible StiRaV2 6 years agoAnswer
Are these compatible with older models? 1995 STI Ra V2 JDM? GC8 chassy code?
A: We're not entirely familiar with those motors. For the best answer i would email us a picture of your head profile or intake manifold gasket to [email protected] From there we should be able to tell you if they will work! Mike
GrimmSpeed 6 years ago
A: We are unable to confirm fitment with non-USDM vehicles because Grimmspeed does not test them on JDM models.
Zach G. 6 years ago
Q: 07 Install Mustardman 6 years agoAnswer
I read that install on 05+ n/a Impreza's is not direct bolt on. Apparently the 8mm spacers prevents the EGR tube from being able to connect properly. Can you confirm this at all?
A: That is correct. With any Subaru that has EGR you will need to remove or modify the EGR tube that connects the head to the EGR valve.
Zach G. 6 years ago