We couldn't find any results
- Use different keywords
- Double check your spelling
- Start with something less specific - you can refine your search results later
- Try changing some of your filters below:
GrimmSpeed Boost Control Solenoid
Mitsubishi Evo X 2008-2015
Features & Product Details
EBC vs MBC.
The manual boost controller will allow you to run a higher than stock boost level by preventing the wastegate from opening at its pressure rating. This does create additional boost however once you set your given boost target it will deliver that number throughout the entire rev range. This means that if you don't have the supporting fuel mods then you could potentially hit detonation at redline. Whereas you can tune the boost map in the electronic boost controller to provide maximum boost in the strike zone of the rev range and to overboost like some manual boost controllers can create.
Other features of the Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid include ultra-low profile hose fittings that keep the unit as small and compact as possible. These hose fittings are nickel plated brass which makes them much more durable than the plastic hose fittings which are prone to breaking.
* Users can use AN fittings with the solenoid.
* MAC Valve has completely custom made the valve for us(only MAC valve on the market to be custom made for automotive tuning use).
* Specifically designed by GrimmSpeed to work safely with the factory EVO ECU (requires tuning) and to reliably handle the vibrations and temperatures of your engine bay!.
* The only direct “bolt in” design for the EVO. Direct bolt in mounting bracket and hardware included! (specify which model before ordering).
* Faster response and greater flow than any other valve out there. (by more than 10%!).
* Nickel plated brass fittings. (unlike the competitors' failure prone plastic fittings)
PEOPLE WHO VIEWED THIS ITEM ALSO VIEWED
REVIEWS & CUSTOMER MEDIA
This came fast shipping and was a breeze to install. Product works exactly like it's supposed to. Highly recommend for people using the ots Cobb accessport.
A must have purchase especially if you were going to tune. I recently went and got my 2014 Evo 10 tuned but before we did my tuner had me do a third gear pull and registered 27 PSI tapered down to 16 on the stock boost control solenoid. We then installed the GrimmSpeed 3 Port boost controller and it's now holding 26 PSI across the powerband tapering down to 22 absolutely a must-have
There are two good things that you can do to an evo x to make it better, even if you are not really into tuning (like fear from strict emission standards), but a 3 port and a tune works magic, reduces lag, improves engine response, no more slow transition from 3k rpm to high revs, the whole rev band seems to work smoother. Just remember that you need wideband and tune, never install without it, and it is not rocket science to install it, anybody can do it, it is harder to remove the stock 2 port than to install this one.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Q: Would I... whats a car?7 years agoNeed to buy anything besides the boost controller to support it?
1 people found the
following answer helpful
A: As far as parts go, this is all you will need. Everything is included to install it. You will need to have your car tuned after the install or you will over boost. MikeGrimmSpeed
- 1 of 1 people found the following answer helpful