We couldn't find any results
- Use different keywords
- Double check your spelling
- Start with something less specific - you can refine your search results later
- Try changing some of your filters below:
GrimmSpeed Phenolic Thermal Spacer 8mm
Subaru Impreza 1.8L/2.2L 1993-1999
Features & Product Details
Phenolic spacers have been used for years by many other specialized automotive companies, but this is very new technology to the Subaru world.
What it does:
* Greatly reduces the transfer of heat from engine to intake manifold thus reducing heat soak.
* One of a kind true Phenolic material, not cutting board material like others.
* The cooler your intake temperature is the denser the air is which leads to more power
* For every 5 degree reduction in temperature, increases power by 1%.
* The cooler and denser the intake air that the engine sucks in, increases the amount of air that can be mixed with fuel thus increasing efficiency.
* Direct bolt-on.
* When running the oem gasket only, your intake manifold gets very hot to the touch, enough to burn your hand. When the oem gasket is replaced with GrimmSpeed's Phenolic Spacer, your hand can be placed on the intake manifold without any issues.
* GrimmSpeed has installed both with and without OEM Subaru Gaskets and have had no issues with either way.They do recommend using 2 sets of oem gaskets however, one on both sides of the spacer.
* USA made
1 Pair Phenolic Thermal Spacers
8 Longer bolts with washers
When installing on the Impreza Phase 1 you will have to cut your EGR tube in half and insert a heater hose between the halves of the EGR tube to extend it.
PEOPLE WHO VIEWED THIS ITEM ALSO VIEWED
REVIEWS & CUSTOMER MEDIA
Figured I’d throw these on while I was resealing an engine I’m using, to get this car around for body work, before turbo swap! It wasn’t fun haha! If you know where everything goes and have a good memory of every piece, it’s worth the effort. The manifold is cold to the touch even after a longer run down the highway. I used to not be able to touch the manifold after a hard run. I gotta stress to you to be careful when installing the EGR tube back on. It needs to be cut in half (I used a small copper pipe cutter for a super clean cut) then use heater hose to extend. The tube does not thread back in easily. Be very careful not to cross thread. Mine did, even with going in hand tight first. Go slow and take your time. Very nice product. I would recommend. I did uses 2 sets of gaskets as recommended. No leaks.
Installed using no gaskets. Slight bump in low end power and helped smooth out the dead spot in the power curve. Works as advertised.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Q: 1995 Impreza LX 2.2l mtisdeljr33111 months agoUnderstanding that for the early engine, you have to cut the EGR tube to create length, do you have heater hose you can recommend for this install? I.e. sizing, material? Hose clamps required? Thanks!
1 people found the
following answer helpful
A: Honestly I have never dealt with an EGR tube extension, but I would imagine it would be as simple as cutting the stock tube, grabbing some 1/2 heater hose(its .5inch if I remember correctly) and then securing the hose to the metal tube with some basic 1/2 inch clamps. Should be golden :)Rick C. @ RallySport Direct 11 months ago
- 1 of 1 people found the following answer helpful